The SOLID Work Experience Program is designed to give students access to and experience within a real working environment. We host the program twice a year at our Kenilworth offices in Cape Town. We fully incorporate the Interns into our teams – working side-by-side, attending meetings, eating doughnuts and committing real code.
Our program is designed so that the students (our ‘Interns’) have as much of a real-world experience as possible:
- Make a difference: No simulations, no imaginary clients and no fake deadlines. The Interns are placed amongst our Engineering Teams and have the opportunity to work with existing SOLID customers and commit real code.
- Learning Experience: Because they are placed into a real working environment, our Interns are able to gain real insight and transferable industry knowledge.
- Fun Environment: We are a fun and relaxed bunch at SOLID, and we thoroughly enjoy getting to know each Intern.
This Winter, between 18 June to 13 July, we welcomed 7 Interns to join the SOLID Family. These students were from the University of Cape Town and Stellenbosch University, and range from Second year to Final Year.
Here they are, receiving their certificates at the end of the program:
This is what they had to say:
“Working here was a great experience for me. Despite having stayed here for four weeks I was able to gain more insight into how softwares are developed in the real world. The working environment here is perhaps the most friendly I have seen so far; great teamwork and the seniors were always ready to assist.” – Petrus Kambala, Winter 2018 Intern
“Being part of the SOLID team has been a great experience. I managed to get my hands on some real-world projects that clients use on a daily basis. That, for me, was very satisfactory. Every member of the team was warm and friendly, through them I amassed a great deal of knowledge and insight.” – Clayton Sibanda, Winter 2018 Intern
Congratulations to all of this season’s Interns, you made us proud; we are excited to see what you get up to in your future careers!
Apply for a Position in SOLIDitech’s Work Experience Program
Getting your first job straight out of varsity can be terrifying, not to mention difficult. Apply what you learn with us as the foundation of your career:
- Real World Experience: The Interns are placed in amongst the Dev Teams and get to work with real Software Engineers, with real customers and commit real code.
- Get a Foot in the Door: We’re always on the lookout for talent, so take this opportunity to get ahead of other potential candidates when applying at SOLID for a job after you graduate.
- Have a Sneak Peek into Your Future: We provide the opportunity for you to see what this career is all about. You’re able to experience what working in this industry is like (we think it’s pretty exciting).
- Build your CV: Use the experience on your CV – it shows that you’re keen and able to apply yourself.
“This program is a very rewarding experience. Working at SOLID teaches you many lessons in a wide range of areas but the most important lesson is learning how to problem solve. The company culture just adds to the experience, making this transition from University to the working world far easier. I have had a great time so far and have no doubt I will in the future.” – Tristan Wood, 2018 Intern
Find out the logistics, the experiences of past interns and how to apply on SOLID’s Work Experience Website Page.