What Being a Scrum Manager Means to Us
As Scrum Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for driving customer project delivery by supporting the Development Manager and Team Leads in running daily scrum meetings. In addition, you’ll be responsible for resolving impediments, ensuring that releases take place per the schedule, and communicating progress to stakeholders.
As Scrum Manager, you’ll liaise with the Team Lead and Development Manager to ensure that projects are consistently planned, managed, communicated and delivered across SOLIDitech’s software teams. You’ll achieve this using a combination of your Sprint Planning and Project Management skills.
You will employ SOLIDitech’s hybrid Scrum approach to project delivery while refining and enforcing team-wide software release procedures. This is to ensure accurate reporting and the delivery of high-quality software.
Supported by our experienced teams, you’ll help to drive the prolific spread of fast, reliable Internet access throughout Africa. You’ll work with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) like MWEB, Vox, Cybersmart and Frogfoot.
You’ll help implement solutions using SOLID, our business automation platform, to enable our customers to deliver Fibre, Satellite and other Internet-based products. Our Teams work with a variety of software technologies like Mobile Apps, GIS Mapping, Network Integration, Hardware Provisioning and Mobile Money payment platforms.
Bottom line – You’ll make a difference.
Responsibilities: Scrum Management
- Schedule and attend monthly team roadmap and project planning meetings with the Development Manager and Team Leads with regard to roadmap projects and priorities
- Review active projects and define high-level and weekly project milestones in conjunction with the Development Manager and Team Leads
- Facilitate daily Scrum team meetings to prioritise tasks, resolve impediments and track project milestones and deliverables against planning
- Identify and monitor project and sprint delivery risks and escalate them to the Team Leads, discuss and implement mitigation strategies with the Development Manager and Team Lead
- Prepare a weekly project progress presentation for the weekly client planning meeting
- Schedule weekly client project update meetings, record action items, email project review priorities and ensure that;
- Internal action items are prioritised on the sprint backlog
- Customer action items are followed up on and delivered
- Manage project delivery and quality to ensure adherence to time budget (timesheets), schedule and scope in conjunction with your manager
- Manage communications and expectations between the project team and the client
Responsibilities: Release Management
- Ensure that Software teams deliver a weekly SOLID application release per project team
- Monitor that weekly SOLID releases are tested and communicated to clients in a formal release email in accordance with agreed procedures
- Ensure that weekly SOLID releases are performed in accordance with SOLIDitech’s processes and procedures
- Monitor that any problems detected with a weekly release are escalated to the development manager, communicated and resolved
- Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented
- Inquisitive with a focus on asking questions to understand requirements and priorities
- Organised with good prioritisation and problem escalation/resolution skills
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Enjoys agile software delivery and motivating software engineers
- Enjoys process automation and strives for continual quality and efficiency improvements
- Likes to help people and enjoys getting things done
- Experience with project capacity and utilisation planning across multi-team project environments
- Experience with MS Project and classical project management reporting tools such as Gantt Charts and resource scheduling tables
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
- Ability to work effectively with developers and other subject matter experts to gather information
- Ability to understand the functioning of complex software quickly and thoroughly
- Ability to learn and explain technical information
- Willingness to travel to client sites for workshops and client meetings
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in MS Office products and Google Apps for Business is preferred
- Tertiary Degree/Qualification is recommended
- Project Management or Scrum Master certification is recommended
- Project management experience in the IT/software industry would be advantageous
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Good email, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- A technical background would be advantageous
- Presentation skills would be a strong advantage
Working at SOLID isn’t easy. It isn’t a ‘free ride’. It is detail-oriented. It’s a work-directly-with-the-customer-on-something-that’s-never-been-done-before type job.
We value things like creativity, good communication, attention to detail, confidence, critical problem-solving. Being a quick learner and a good team player are also important.
It is important to us that we help you to grow as a working professional and Scrum Manager – to be the best that you can be. So we strive to achieve that on a daily basis.
>>> Does this sound like you? We WANT to meet you.
Apply for a job as SOLIDitech Scrum Manager today.
* Candidates must have a valid South African driver’s license