Our established Software Engineering company is looking for a confident self-starter who has experience with office accounting and is PC literate to join our team as a Finance Assistant. The role primarily involves assisting the Finance Manager in processing financial transactions, invoicing customers, managing collections and preparing the monthly payroll.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing and sending out customer invoices.
- Following-up with debtors on outstanding invoices.
- Preparing journals, allocating bank transactions and reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing the monthly payroll.
- Preparing and submitting monthly employee tax returns.
- Compiling management accounts and assisting with budget and variance reporting.
- Filing of office paperwork.
- Assisting with other finance/accounting related tasks or ad-hoc tasks.
Qualifications / Experience
- Matric (Grade 12) essential with Mathematics and/or Accounting as a subject.
- BComm degree or equivalent.
- At least 18 months of previous office accounting experience including processing financial transactions, invoicing, collections, reconciliations and payroll.
- Good PC literacy skills with at least 18 months of experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Good understanding of VAT, debtors, cashbook and payroll.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, as well as a team player.
- A methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Good prioritisation skills.
- Able to set and achieve deadlines and give regular updates on progress.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, internet).
- Microsoft Excel skills at an intermediate level.
- Keen interest in technology.
- Willingness to learn.
- Friendly and enjoys working with people.
- Honest and hardworking.
- Able to drive a vehicle and have a valid South African driver’s license.